Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Twobelow, Minnesota

Every time I hear the name of Tupelo, Mississippi, I think that we should have a town here named Twobelow, Minnesota. Today I texted my friend in Georgia that it was "damn cold" here, and then I realized it was "only" two below. That's really not what true Minnesotans would call damn cold. But it's cold enough, I reckon.

I've been having fun playing with my new camera, but I need to learn more before I can upload to the computer. So you will have to wait to see my photographic masterpieces.



Yesterday I had a WONDERFUL mail delivery day:

1) Marjorie came home! Thank you for sending her, Amanda. We had a happy reunion.
The little tote bag is so cute, and it came with some other interesting tidbits such as news articles about the Orphan Train, a printout of Michelle's blog post after she read the book, a couple of business cards, and even some orphan blocks for starting another quilt, AND the cute bookmark you see pictured to the right. Who made it? It's adorable.

2) a block for Joanie from Sue B. Thank you!

3) 3 blocks for Joanie from Yvonne. Thank you, too!

4) the highlight was my camera! Snap, snap, snap. If I see you I will photograph you.

I now have about 4 gazillion blocks for Joanie. I'm going to start making her quilt! It'll be plenty big, and I'll probably have some leftover for a second quilt. As soon as I learn how with my new toy, I'll post pictures!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny name...TwoBelow... I am excited to see Joanie's quilt... thanks again!

Twisted Quilts said...

If it is that cold I think you need to move to somewhere warmer!

Michele Bilyeu said...

I have been wondering and wondering about Marjorie and gang. How wonderful to accidentally come across your blog post saying she'd arrived home in January. I made the little bag and I included some articles and such...but not the book mark which is awfully cute! Did everybody hold up the tradition of signing the book and/or a card...can't remember which was inside when Finn sent me the book after reading it. In any case, I am so happy to know it all ended back at the beginning. I wished later that we'd all documented it better as I lost track of it along the way. Where all did it travel? Could you do a post on it on Finn's Orpan Train blog...that'd be so fun! Michele in Salem, Oregon