Monday, January 26, 2009

Answers and Quilt Blocks


Friday Block Party, week 4

I thought a long time about Beth's question about who I would like to meet. I have been fascinated by several famous people, such as Princess Diana. I considered some other living people who are journalists, politicians, actors... none of them seemed worthy of this special visit. So I decided I would most love to visit with my Grandma. She is an angel in heaven, so I guess it won't be happening soon. But if I could ask her questions and chat about her life, that would be awesome!


Lotto blocks for January

Torina wants to know about my quilting history. I have always loved quilts and wanted to try to make one, but I'm ADD-ish and didn't think I'd have the patience for it. Finally I decided I could make a pot holder. I asked my mom for some help. We were up at the lake, so she didn't have her equipment there to show me how. She gave me verbal directions. Then I had a visit from a pal from Australia. She is a quilter and also encouraged me to give it a try. So I made that pot holder... "incorrectly," as it turns out (I was improvisational right from the start). I had misunderstood my mom's directions. But I got hooked and kept making more pot holders, and it turned into my first quilt. It's the passion I had been seeking. Love it! Oh, that was in 1999, so it's almost ten years that I have been a quilter!


Lotto blocks for February

The pictures are quilt blocks I made this weekend. I also worked on a small quilt for the auction at my guild, but I'm not quite done, so I'll post that later.

3 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

Great blocks! Have you decided how you are going to use the red ones?

Craftygirl said...

Is it too late to ask another question? I'm curious about how you came to be born in Panama. It was Panama, wasn't it?

Wendy said...

I love the colors in your block party block!