Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Transitions




My life seems to be wrapped neatly in a circle of transitions.

1) Work. I work in a Special Ed transition program which itself is in transition. The school district is making radical changes in servicing models. We are not sure what is in store for our program. I will have a job... but not sure exactly where and under what umbrella.

2) Politics. A new president! Hooray!!! A new model of operation. I was thrilled to hear a quote from a Republican, a friend of McCain. He said something like this: "maybe it will become fashionable to work together." Let's hope so!! This is what Obama represents! Change, hope, cooperation, possibilities - transitioning to a new way of living out America's dreams.

Have you seen this circulating on the web and/or on blogs? --
Rosa sat so Martin could walk,
Martin walked so Obama could run,
Obama ran so our children can fly.

(This just makes me smile, like I did non-stop all day yesterday, when I wasn't crying.)

3) Church. The congregation of which I am a member has been working hard on transitions for a couple of years and is continuing the work. We had become stagnant. We are working on CHANGE! Our work is helping the whole church come alive and is helping me on a personal level. I have never felt more alive and happy.

4) My family. Growing a family means always being in transition. We are even more so now as our son prepares to graduate from college and then will get married. Hubby and I will be in our new role as in-laws. Son will be in a new role as a husband and as a job-seeking adult. We'll have to learn to help and support him in the midst of all our new roles.

This is a time of change and hope and finding new ways to serve - in all areas of my life! It can be nerve-wracking, but exciting, too! Life is good! God bless us, every one!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of changes going on in our lives!

Torina said...

Life IS good :)

Clare said...

I sat glued to the tv for hours and, like you, couldn't stop crying.