Friday, January 23, 2009

Learning New Systems




playing with close-up feature with new camera & plant at office

I hate learning new systems. I was quite comfortable with uploading and editing my pictures from the old camera. Now I have this new camera, which I love, but the new software and photo editing process are befuddling me. I usually hate reading directions, for example. I had to force myself to read the instruction booklet that came with the camera. I just want to start using it. Why should I have to READ first??

So we finally got these new photos uploaded, but I can't figure out how to crop my pictures. The quilt picture, for example, has way too much closet door. I would crop it down to focus just on the quilt if I could figure out how. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon.


quilt by Jackie from my guild; I sent it to Rosebud

As for yesterday's post about Grandmothers, wow... I never expected to get such thoughtful and long comments! That was cool! I'm going to read them again and think about them later. Yesterday I worked ALL DAY, plus some overtime hours, then had a meeting at church, so I didn't get home 'til 9 p.m. and was too tired to think.

2 comments:

Craftygirl said...

Are you up and running at home yet?

What kind of camera did you get? How did you choose it?

Carol E. said...

Am up and running. But I don't have all the possibilities mastered yet. I got a Nikon Coolpix P80. I chose it mainly because I had an inexplicable fondness for it right away in the store. And because it is a Nikon, which I already was using, so I thought the software would be easy to understand. Ha! That was only a tiny bit true. (And also, it was a bit spendy, but we found it cheaper at Tiger Direct, and hubby said Go For It!)