Sunday, January 25, 2009

25 Things; Any Questions?



I'm totally a blog copy-cat. Some blog pals have listed "25 Things" - random stuff about themselves. And other bloggers have asked for questions. So I'm doing both. Here goes.

1. I'm pretty good at photography. I once thought about going into it as a career, but I'm happier doing it as a hobby.
2. I was born in Panama.
3. In 10th grade I broke my finger while playing basketball. It's still very crooked (see photo above).
4. I'm lazy.
5. I work obsessively on the things I love and want to do (e.g., quilting).
6. My favorite sound is waves lapping against the shore.
7. I'm a flaming Liberal.
8. My favorite season is autumn.
9. I've lost track of the countries where my quilts have gone. They include: U.S., Canada, Mexico, Honduras, Panama, Brazil, Peru, Venezuela, Germany, Estonia, Czech Republic, Armenia, Russia, China, Viet Nam, Philippines, Australia, Liberia, Kenya.... and others.
10. I majored in French but should have majored in Anthropology.
11. I was surprised in college when I took a Linguistics class and loved it.
12. I didn't learn how to ride a bike until I was 12.
13. I wasted many good years of my education day dreaming about boys.
14. My dream is to go on many mission team projects around the world, but with at least one friend so I'm not just traveling with total strangers.
15. I'm shy but outgoing. (Fellow shy people will understand this.)
16. I like to draw. In my next life I want to be an artist.
17. I'm not a good money manager (thank goodness for my smart hubby).
18. I would love to learn how to play the bassoon.
19. I love writing letters and still have pen pals.
20. I wear size 9 shoes.
21. All 4 of my immediate family members have names containing 5 letters, and my soon-to-be daughter-in-law also has a name of 5 letters.
22. My favorite states are Oregon, Washington, Montana, and Minnesota.
22. For the last year I have been working on writing my autobiography. I'm sure it's interesting to no one but me.
23. I love to swim! But it's not so much fun being seen in a swimming suit these days.
24. I am working on strengthening my Christian faith (United Methodist).
25. My hero is Jane Addams.

OK. Got all that? Now is your chance to ask me a question... any question about anything you want. I'll answer the best I can. Fire away!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If you could go anywhere to meet one person..alive or dead...where would you go and who would you meet?

Torina said...

How long have you quilted and what or who got you started?

Victoria said...

Great list!
And lets hear it for flaming Liberals! Woo Hoo!!

Hedgehog said...

Jane Addams is my hero, too!