Sunday, January 11, 2009

Didn't Know I Was That Tired



Well, I announced on Friday that I was going to take it easy this weekend, and today I did exactly that! I didn't know how exhausted I was after my work week and then my all-day Saturday sew-in. This afternoon I sat down with hubby to watch some football, but since the Vikings are no longer in it... who cares? It's easy to nod off, and nod off I did... for almost the entire afternoon! I woke up at 5:00 p.m.!! I could hardly believe it.

I wonder if I'll be able to get to sleep tonight. Maybe I'll just think about football, and that will do the trick.

Here are some weekend highlights:
1) made progress on a quilt that will be a graduation gift
2) made the above block for the Block Party which is proving to be a lot of fun
3) had a good time at church today - lots of energy and excitement around there. It felt great. Maybe it was because the fellowship room is damaged from the water leak, so we were squashed together into a smaller space. Whatever it was, it just felt like a lot of people having a lot of fun.
4) my confirmation mentee is growing up! Today she seemed so mature! I am impressed.
5) I ordered a new camera (my Christmas gift from sweet hubby), and I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow. I can hardly wait!


church fellowship room post-water-pipe-break

Now I'm bracing for the COLD that Alaska has been so kind to share with us. Here it comes!

6 comments:

Donna said...

sounds like a great weekend -- lots of studying the inside of eyelids... :-)

The block you've done for the block party is great -- the pink and red work really well together.

Torina said...

Mmmmm...napping is delicious, isn't it? Love that block. So pretty.

Melissa Kaye said...

I love naps....they're my favorite. Then when you realize you've been sleeping forever...uh, love it! Sounds like you had a nice day!

Unknown said...

I didn't see the damage from that angle...yikes... I only got a few minutes to snooze but it felt good...

Twisted Quilts said...

Great block and great nap!

Jill said...

I haven't been reading your blog and NOT commenting. . . I just haven't been reading blogs at all the past few days! Busy days and nights this past week, and this week too. See you tomorrow!