Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ladies of Grace 2

Charles contemplating history while
sitting in Constitution Hall, Philadelphia.

It's Wednesday which means it's time to come up with a Ladies of Grace story. First I have to confess that last week's story was stolen from the past. I had to come up with a story quickly, before going to Philadelphia... so I took one that I remembered from before. It was true, it just hadn't happened recently.

This week... I'm trying to come up with a time from this past week when my heart was able to soften and be gracious. Nothing huge stands out in my memory, but here is something:

My husband's birthday is coming up. He'll be 57. So for his gift I decided to make a little book... "57 Reasons Why I Love You." It was fun to think about our history together and all our little inside jokes . I was able to include, as something I love about him, one of the little things that has bugged me for all these years. I realized that because it's part of him, it's loveable, and I can and should finally stop complaining about it. That felt like a victory for my heart!

That's all! Nothing too dramatic.. which I guess is what it's all about... being more thoughtful and gracious in our every day business.

2 comments:

Melissa Kaye said...

That's great Carol! Very cute idea and I'm sure he'll love it!

Unknown said...

that is very sweet...

And Yes that is what the experience is all about...