Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What a Mood!

I'm suddenly and mysteriously in a mood to do some machine quilting! This mood does not come along very often, so I need to jump while the iron is hot!

I even found some batting on sale, 40% off. So the stars are all aligned.

So far, in this recent mood, I have completed only two baby quilts (and I have a third basted and ready to go, just need to get at it). Here they are...

This one has been blogged about before, but now it is totally done. It is headed to Rosebud Reservation, Tree of Life, for their layette kits. In fact, I used their own fabric. I brought this backing fabric home from Tree of Life three years ago, with the intent of using it in quilts and sending the quilts back pronto. Well, it isn't very pronto, but I have made two quilts using this fabric, so I finally accomplished that goal, at least.




This next one is my round robin quilt made at the Sunshine group... I made the center piece and then it was sent around to three other people for their additions. When it came back to me, I decided to add one more narrow border, just to make the quilt a tad larger. It is now 40" square, all quilted, and it will be going to Wrap Them in Love, for the same reason as above: I found a big box of fabric that Wrap Them in Love sent me three years ago! So I'm using their fabric for backings; I think that means the quilts need to go back to them, don't you agree?




I'm linking this post up with Quilting for Good and counting these toward the 100 Quilts for Kids.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, you posted lovely photos, there should be a dozen comments here, just for that.
I love the baby and also know that your kindness will be so appreciated.

Norece said...

Such sweet quilts, I know the parents who wrap their babes up in these quilts will be appreciative of the love that went into making them.

Mama Pea said...

I really, really like that first quilt in this post! Well cone!

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I agree-such sweet quilts. Thanks for linking up to 100 Quilts for Kids!