Monday, August 06, 2012

Time for Fun!

My company left, and yesterday I skipped church, so those two items gave me some time to myself which, of course, was spent sewing. My new fabrics and my older Works in Progress were calling to me.

First thing I did was finish this quilt top. It is for a program that serves vets in New England. Most of the quilts go to older vets, like from the Viet Nam era. Those guys are around my age, and they had a tough time coming home, so I like helping them out with quilts. Better late than never, I guess.


Then I made some blocks. Some of these follow certain rules as to color and some are just random blocks made from stuff left sitting on my cutting board.




I made this bag a while ago and sent it to my pal, J, for her Big birthday (50). Needless to say, she plays tennis. I had to keep this a secret so couldn't show it until now.



I am hoping to get more done in the next few days and weeks. If you want to see what else I finish, come back for another visit!

1 comment:

AnnieO said...

Love the QOV project with the fun border. Great job. The other blocks look good too, and the bag especially. I'm sure your friend was thrilled to receive it.