Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Books: Michigan

Greetings, friends and neighbors! I am sorry to say, I did not finish reading a book this week, so I cannot provide you with a book review. Also, I am away from home. In my preparations and then my travels, I have ignored this blog.

Charles and I are celebrating our 37th wedding anniversary today. First stop was Milwaukee, Wisconsin where we visited the famous art museum there. It is a beautiful building! This piece of art is in the museum, and I took the picture with you, my blog readers, in mind. Can you figure out how this "bookcase" was made? From a picture it will be doubly hard. In person it was confusing enough.


It's a cut-out of books, sort of from the upside down and backwards view. The shelves are recessed so the part that is the books is deeper inside than the overhanging shelf top. Very hard to explain and even difficult to understand while standing a few inches from it. Charles and I had slightly diverging opinions on how this was made.

So if you can't figure it out from the picture, don't feel bad.

Second stop was Michigan. We will be back home soon, and then I will share more about our travels and will share more photos. 'Til then, be happy and find something good to read!

3 comments:

Sextant said...

Why do they have the book case up-side down. The bottom shelf--lacks a shelf so it has to be the top. Great book shelf if you are a neatness freak that insists on order.

I think for the ease of installing and removing the books they should have made it so the custom recesses were on top, as it is shown, leaving the weight of the book on the flat shelf. Was the shelf one piece or was it a modular. Some one has a lot of time on their hands.

Congratulations on your 37th. We just had our 35th at the end of July...although I don't count that one myself, in my mind our marriage started two years earlier. Details.

Anyhow very big congratulations, I love to see good long marriages...it gives me faith that there is more to us and more to the world than what meets the eye. May you have many, many more!

AnnieO said...

Great piece of art! I like that the books are not really on the shelves. Congrats on 37 years!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you and Charles! I love the book photos that you always manage to share. Enjoy the rest of your trip.