Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Photo-a-Day, Days 4 and 5

Day 4: black and white

OK, this isn't technically all black and white. I took this photo on Monday when we were having a drizzly, misty rain. It was gray everywhere you looked. This lake is near my home. It has a paper-thin sheet of ice on top, holding up that stick, and everthing else is gray. I couldn't bring myself to make the photo all black and white and delete the one tiny spot of color, the grasses in front. It seemed so nearly black and white all on its own, I decided to leave it as is.


Day 5: looking up

This is a building in my old neighborhood (photographed on the same gray, drizzly day as the photo above). It used to be a tractor factory. Now it's offices. When you look up, you see this tower. I don't think it holds anything exotic like a princess chamber (no Rapunzel here). It's probably just the elevator workings.




No comments: