Sunday, December 09, 2012

Il Neige!

Wow, we are getting tons of snow. Looks like we've had at least ten inches here at my house, and it's still coming down. Tomorrow I have to work... now I'm thinking nostalgically of those Snow Days we used to get back when I worked at a school. I wonder if they'll get one tomorrow. To comfort myself, I do remember they were FEW and FAR BETWEEN. I hope the roads are OK by tomorrow so I can get to work sans difficulties.

I will say, the snow is beautiful. Gorgeous! Too bad we have to ruin it by driving in it and trying to go out and about. Wouldn't it be great if we all could just hunker down and enjoy the beauty, and emerge when it gets a little warmer?





While it snows, I have been working on this:


It is based on a design by Amanda Jean Nyberg in her book, Sunday Morning Quilts.

6 comments:

Sextant said...

May the beauty and serenity of the lovely snow grace you with peace and love (and not us).

Lovely photos but my back aches looking at it. Rain here, and I hope it stays that way.

Carol E. said...

Wow, how spiritual of you! :-)

Anonymous said...

C: I just realized that I've been reading your blog while not logged into mine and I can't make any comments. (Using the anonymous feature is so much quicker, but your blog doesn't allow anonymous that I can tell. Anyway, pretty pix of the snow. I had 16.5 inches at my house. Hope you have a safe drive to work today.

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous! I am jealous! Enjoy!

Sharon said...

Beautiful snow photos! I agree - it's a shame to get out in the snow and mess it up. But I really enjoy looking at your snow, and not having any myself! Our hills have snow, but we just have rain. I'm good with that!

Love the start of your quilt!

p.s. I haven't forgotten that I owe you a word block. Soon....

BrendaLou said...

love your beautiful photos of the snow. I guess next winter I'll be posting my own (excepting for the week we will be going to the Caribbean!!! Can't wait for that, too).