Friday, January 07, 2011

Quilted Kindle Cover

I decided to make a home-made Kindle cover. It works! It's not perfect, but it works. I am going to make at least one more, in my attempt to perfect the design. But, for Attempt One, I'm satisfied. Here it is:



The button is a pin, like a campaign button, just pinned on. The elastic piece is actually a little hair binder.

It's easy to open and close, even one-handed.

The inside fabric is plain so that it doesn't distract eyes with popping polka dots.. but then I made the pocket with the stripeys.. not sure how that will accomplish my goal. I personalized it - on the left - with my name and a heart. Sweet, n'est-ce pas?!

I suppose the pocket might come in handy some day, but I want to be careful not to put stuff in that will scratch the Kindle screen.

Attempt Two is going to be made of funkier fabric. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

Love it!

Mama Drama Times Two said...

What a clever design! These would be great gifts. I mentioned your blog on mine as the source of inspiration for the A to Z Book Challenge...I'm trying authors this year.

Mary Johnson said...

Well that was quick! It looks good.