Tuesday, July 07, 2009

What a Doll !

Since we have been working on cleaning up our house and getting extra "stuff" put away and out of sight, it seems difficult to work on large projects such as quilts. I am actually going to put away and box up my fabrics until after the wedding!

Toys, however, are quick and easy, and they don't require much fabric, so when I get a few minutes for fun, I make a toy. Yesterday I made a doll. She's my first "real" doll... all my others have been feeble attempts or more monster-y than dollish. At first I thought she was going to be a disaster, but once I got her stuffed, she started to look pleasingly dollish! I was surprised and happy.


Someone else made the cute little blanket. Just the right addition to her wardrobe, don't you think?


4 comments:

Dolores said...

Oh she is a cutie. Don't forget where you stash your stuff. Every once in a while I will find a box of stuff that got forgotten when we were in the act of cleaning up. Obviously, it wasn't me that put the stuff in the basement.

BrendaLou said...

so, so cute! you have a real knack for making amazing toys.

Darcie said...

She's adorable, Carol! Like a little self portrait, don't you think?! ;-)

AnnieO said...

She's very cute! When I was little I always wanted to have black hair and blue eyes. I made a sock doll with just that coloring when I was about 10 years old and named her flower, as her eyes were blue flower buttons. I still have her!