Friday, July 17, 2009

It's Friday, Barely

Bea - my co-teacher - working on a quilt for her almost-born granddaughter! We get to see pictures and hear all about the new baby in a couple of weeks.


Leslie working diligently in our quilting class.


It is currently late on Thursday night, early early Friday morning. I am about to go to bed, but first I wanted to jot down some thoughts. Nothing profound... I'm just feeling blessed with happiness and wanted to make a list.
1. I ran across an old file of my son's artwork starting from kindgergarten up to about 7th grade. He has always been so creative! And his vocabulary at young ages was so impressive! I'm glad I saved all this cute, wonderful work of his. It was a joy to look at it and remember the old days.

2. Leslie is learning how to quilt (in the class I'm helping teach) and is doing a good job. She criticizes herself, but I hope she's enjoying the process. I think she's doing so well. Today she brought along strawberry bread that was super delish! I'd never eaten strawberry bread before. And she brought along her mom who is also super delish! :-)

3. Tomorrow Charles is taking the day off so we can work together on cleaning our house. AND a professional is coming to wash our windows! I always love it when I clean my glasses and can see in High Def (my little joke). Clean windows might blow me away!

4. It's fun to plan little trips to beautiful places in Minnesota. I love this state! And I like to share our family's little bit of heaven with friends. I get to do that next week after the wedding.

5. Today Megan was wearing such a cute summer top. Isn't that a funny thing to be thankful for? I just liked it and thought she looked adorable.

6. I like it when I can share my abundance. I packed up some fabric and sewing supplies to send off and share with others. It makes me feel happy to know that they will enjoy working with this stuff as much as I do.

7. When it's really late at night like this, and I'm starting to feel chilly, I love looking forward to crawling into my warm and comfy bed. We got ourselves a new bed a couple years ago, and I am still amazed at how wonderful it is. I often get into bed and then lie there just feeling like a queen and commenting at how much I love our bed! So I'm off to my Happy Place. Nighty-night!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your postings are always so good...I did see that you need my address to share your abundance...lol
Yes it's because of this craft that we become more generous don't you think...we give away so many quilts...gone to be loved we hope..

Melissa Kaye said...

You sound so happy! That's fabulous! I can't wait to hear about the wedding and see pictures in just over a week!

Andrea, the little collector said...

I love that Megan's top made you smile. We do influence one another, don't we?