Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Wednesday Women III


Today I had lunch with my aunt and my uncle. (You see that it's not only women who are eligible for my Wednesday lunches.) They have lived in a new condo for a few years, but I had never been there before. It is beautiful! They fed me a yummy lunch, complete with ice cream for dessert, and we chatted, and I got a tour of their new place. I used to regularly see them over the 4th of July, but since our traditions have changed over the years, I don't usually see them on the 4th any more....sometimes not at all during the summer! I'm glad I started my Wednesday tradition.

Both in their 80s now, they are not as hale and hearty as they once were, but are still sharp and funny and interested in the world. My uncle makes me laugh, and he says my laughing causes him to become sillier, so it's quite the effect we have on each other. I also love how much he reminds me of my dad, even though they were brothers-in-law and not related biologically at all.

These two lovely people have always been my favorite aunt and uncle. They rock!

I'm thankful for:
1) loving family
2) another good book group discussion last night
3) friends
4) good books
5) laughter

4 comments:

Megs said...

Oh - that sounds like a wonderful afternoon! It's so nice to connect with family!

Twisted Quilts said...

What a great visit. My aunts and uncles are a great source of strength for me too.

Unknown said...

Ah, another wonderful wednesday and they made lunch for you too!
Even better.
My goodness they look wonderful for their ages!

Shirley said...

Hi from the Netherlands. I love the idea of dropping toys, so heartwarming. And I love your quilts too. my weblog:
http://www.zipjezopje.web-log.nl