in which I write about quilts, dreams, everyday life, and almost nothing about giraffes
Friday, December 12, 2008
1) I ask for prayers for my sister, for strength, peace, and new-found joy.
2) I had an interesting week at work...some ups and some downs. I'm constantly learning from my students and feel so lucky to be in a position to get to know them. Are they helping me more than I help them? I hope I have managed to have some impact, small as it may be.
3) Who is the Tubby Lady in the above picture? I don't even recognize myself! Yeecchh! I have to do something about my enormity. I haven't walked in ages; I even removed the walking image from my sidebar. I need strength to combat my bad habits and my "inner brat" who only does damage to herself (me).
4) Quilting brings me joy and challenges. I hope to find some time for sewing this weekend. And I have the ever-present challenge of trying to clean up after a quilting session. Picture a Peanuts strip featuring Pig Pen... that's me with a cloud of fabric and threads.
5) I am reading a fantastic book: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. I so appreciate a well-written book and beautiful language!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I love the image of you with thread and fabric surrounding you. It makes me smile....and brought the same image of me with papers and ribbons around me. :)
And I love the book you're reading! I read it while I was on bedrest with the girls. SO GOOD!
Whats up with your sister? I hope all is okay. Tell that inner brat to calm down... here's to a glass of water!
Great book that your reading, Carole.. His other book, The Kite Runner is also wonderful.
Hope you had some good quilty time and find the time to do all the things you want to be doing at this busy time of year.
Post a Comment