Friday, December 12, 2008
1) I ask for prayers for my sister, for strength, peace, and new-found joy.
2) I had an interesting week at work...some ups and some downs. I'm constantly learning from my students and feel so lucky to be in a position to get to know them. Are they helping me more than I help them? I hope I have managed to have some impact, small as it may be.
3) Who is the Tubby Lady in the above picture? I don't even recognize myself! Yeecchh! I have to do something about my enormity. I haven't walked in ages; I even removed the walking image from my sidebar. I need strength to combat my bad habits and my "inner brat" who only does damage to herself (me).
4) Quilting brings me joy and challenges. I hope to find some time for sewing this weekend. And I have the ever-present challenge of trying to clean up after a quilting session. Picture a Peanuts strip featuring Pig Pen... that's me with a cloud of fabric and threads.
5) I am reading a fantastic book: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. I so appreciate a well-written book and beautiful language!