in which I write about quilts, dreams, everyday life, and almost nothing about giraffes
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Are you Afflicted with Inner Peace?
photo by Jeff Wignall
Photo is a time-lapse shot of sparklers. Cool, eh?!
I saw this at BusyIntersection and decided to borrow it. (Thanks, T.)
Signs and symptoms of inner peace:
* A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than based on fears related to past experiences.
* An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
* A loss of interest in judging people.
* A loss of interest in judging self.
* A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
* A loss of interest in conflict.
* A loss of ability to worry (this is a serious symptom.)
* Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
* Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
* Frequent attacks of smiling.
* An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
* An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I am about half way there... I have a loss of interest in
interpreting the actions of others
in conflict AND
I have been having more frequent episodes of appreciation, feel more connected to people and I love to let things happen... I am getting there!
Great Post, Carol..something to think about and work towards!
Oh and I wanted to say...
I have decreased my worrying by at least 50%...when I do feel it kicking in... I quickly recogine it and I will do some praying...
I love that peace sign. I worry constantly...though Paxil helps :) ha ha
I'm working on it. :) I do have some of these, but I'm also a constant worrier. I've gotten better at a lot of these things, but am still not where I want to be.
Totally love this! I'm going to copy it to my sidebar, if that's okay by you?! Thanks for sharing this.
Post a Comment