Monday, March 11, 2013

I Sewed

These blocks are half log cabins, made for the newest project at String Thing Along. They found a volunteer to collect the blocks - hooray!

I waylaid some of the half log cabin blocks; they are green and therefore the right color for the March block lotto at Sunshine. I did not feel inspired this month. The blocks I'm sending are kind of blah, but they will have to do.

My newest scheme is to attempt to use scraps when they are "fresh" so that my scrap pile doesn't continue to expand. I am making doll blankets with the fresh scraps. The one on the right will eventually go to my great-niece. I used fabrics from my mother's stash; I thought it would be nice for great-niece to have a doll blankie that contains fabrics from her great-grandmother.

Do you remember this quilt? I made it for someone at work. We had a drawing, and the person who won it has a sister who is just about to give birth. This quilt will go to that newborn. It was fun to find out it's destination. The quilt winner was very excited to win and to be able to give this to her sister. I hope the baby loves it. I know I do!

One more thing I finished is a couple of knitted strips for Project 40 at Learning To Be Me. I failed to take a picture of them, and they are now traveling through the postal service, on their way to being made into a blanket.

No comments: