1. A gentle, afternoon rain sounded so pleasing on my car top - reminded me of cuddling inside a tent, warm and snug, during a soft rain.
2. Good books - love 'em!! I'm finishing a good one that I can hardly put down, and I bought several more today that I can hardly wait to pick up*... why I bought more is a good question as I already have a gigantic pile of books to read. I hope I can continue to read and sew in Heaven, because I'll surely never finish all I have in mind during this lifetime.
3. Son and future DIL left on a service trip today which happens during their spring break. I'm proud of them for giving up their leisure time to help others.
4. Hubby is too smart about computers and programming and software! He works hard on stuff that I don't understand, and when he talks excitedly about it, I have a hard time paying attention. Since it's gobbledy-gook to me, my eyes glaze over, and then it's hard to fake that I'm interested. (I don't have him fooled for a minute.)
5. Today I met a Gentle Giant: very tall, very strong, very soft-spoken, gentle, young but determined, and very goal-oriented. Made my day!!
sleep toward heaven by Amanda Eyre Ward (almost done- hard to put it down)
Wesley the Owl by Stacey O'Brien (I read this previously and just bought this one for a gift)
True Love, a Practice for Awakening the Heart by Thich Nhat Hanh
90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper
Here if You Need Me by Kate Braestrup
A Day in the Life of the American Woman, How We See Ourselves (a coffee table book of photographs, marked down to only $2.99!)