Friday, March 20, 2009

My Friday Five


1. A gentle, afternoon rain sounded so pleasing on my car top - reminded me of cuddling inside a tent, warm and snug, during a soft rain.
2. Good books - love 'em!! I'm finishing a good one that I can hardly put down, and I bought several more today that I can hardly wait to pick up*... why I bought more is a good question as I already have a gigantic pile of books to read. I hope I can continue to read and sew in Heaven, because I'll surely never finish all I have in mind during this lifetime.
3. Son and future DIL left on a service trip today which happens during their spring break. I'm proud of them for giving up their leisure time to help others.
4. Hubby is too smart about computers and programming and software! He works hard on stuff that I don't understand, and when he talks excitedly about it, I have a hard time paying attention. Since it's gobbledy-gook to me, my eyes glaze over, and then it's hard to fake that I'm interested. (I don't have him fooled for a minute.)
5. Today I met a Gentle Giant: very tall, very strong, very soft-spoken, gentle, young but determined, and very goal-oriented. Made my day!!
-------
*the books:
sleep toward heaven by Amanda Eyre Ward (almost done- hard to put it down)
Wesley the Owl by Stacey O'Brien (I read this previously and just bought this one for a gift)
True Love, a Practice for Awakening the Heart by Thich Nhat Hanh
90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper
Here if You Need Me by Kate Braestrup
A Day in the Life of the American Woman, How We See Ourselves (a coffee table book of photographs, marked down to only $2.99!)

4 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

Yes the rain is good but we had 5 days of rain and that was a bit much. I hope to read an quilt in heaven too because I sure am not finding much time to do it on earth. I could read 24 hours a day. I have to have a book to read.

Unknown said...

I didn't mind the rain but the snow got to me this morning! I am glad you like STH...facinating...let me know when you finish it! I can't find Sarah's Key... but I will before Tuesday...and this stops me from reading further! lol

Linda B said...

I found your blog through another one. I think it might have been Tornina's. I read the book Here If You Need Me....I loved it. You reminded me that I wanted to read 90 mins in Heaven. Thanks!

Unknown said...

We also just got over 5 days of rain and I had forgotten what the sun looked like.

Great post! BTW...you can jump in or out of FBP as much as you want or need to. Don't stress and know we LOVE you!