Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bawling My Eyes Out

Wow! I watched a Netflix movie tonight: "Dear Zachary." It's a documentary. True story, and very, very sad. I bawled my eyes out. But I recommend it, even though it is sad. It's the story of a man who is murdered by his ex-girlfriend. His friend made the movie, "Dear Zachary," for the man's son, so he would know as much as he could about his wonderfuly daddy. Watch it!

Then, by following blog links to links to links, I found a FUNNY letter written to Oprah. It's kind of what I have been thinking, but I couldn't have written such a great letter. Wish I had, though! Here's the link. Scroll down to page two and read "Letter."

http://theprintedblog.com/pdf/ThePrintedBlogVol1No7.pdf



two burial blankets made from Found Squares; the second one still needs a star attached

an I Spy quilt made from Found Squares of mysterious origin
I have been doing a little sewing, but nothing very exciting. I'm still making burial blankets to take to Crow Creek Reservation when I go this summer. Everything I have made lately is made from squares I have found while cleaning my sewing room. Who knew cleaning could be so beneficial?! Some of the squares I have found are complete mysteries. I have no memory of where they came from. I know some of them were not ever my own fabrics, so someone must have sent them to me. I wonder who? Anyway, it has been nice to make a bunch of "free quilts" from Found Objects.

Look at this last picture! What do you think it is? Well, I was sprawled out on the stairs, looking toward upstairs, and liked the view from underneath this quilt. Just don't notice how wobbly it is! Some would say it's a "friendly" quilt.. it's waving at you!

4 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

I love the letter to Oprah. Thanks for finding that. I agree, I am a little tired of a woman worth millions telling women that are working two jobs to support their families to "follow their dream".

Michele Bilyeu said...

I love your waving quilt! You know in Tibet, prayers flags are made of many colors and spread everywhere to wave their prayers and blessings through the breeze. I do believe that you and your are being blessed by a wonderful little prayer square quilt! It's quite fabulous, really!

Vivian said...

Just found your blog -- intrigued by the name you chose. (you might want to check out the latest post in my blog).
Love your waving quilt. It's a great image.

Tina Craig said...

I watched Dear Zachary a few months ago. Late, late at night on MSNBC? I cried all the way through, too. Incredible parents and friends.