Thursday, March 26, 2009

Change


I have not spoken much about the changes going on in my program at work. Tonight during dinner, for some odd reason, I started spewing to Charles (new, fictitious name for my hubby) about all the changes going on at work. There was nothing new today that spurred my volcanic discussion. It just erupted. One reason I have not said much about it is because it has been pretty confusing, and the changes are on-going. We really don't know how everything will look in the end. The bitter end. I don't think it'll be a happy ending... although I am proud to say we have been making the best of it so far.

This has been a difficult year, with overloaded case loads, and because our program is getting a major overhaul. It would be OK if we knew exactly what was going on, but we still don't have answers to many of our questions. One thing we do know: we get to stay in our current location at least for one more year. I am happy about that. It is very convenient to my home, and it is air-conditioned, unlike most of the school buildings!

Anyway, I am not going to bore my readers with all the details. It just started getting on my nerves tonight, and I spewed. This unrest is being felt all through the district. Many big changes are being made. Programs are being eliminated, others vastly re-organized, people are being moved around (mostly involuntarily). So we are not alone in feeling disgruntled. (Have you ever felt gruntled?)

To top off my disgruntled state, I made muffins for dinner, and they turned out crappy! Stupid muffins!
I'm ready for spring break!!!
P.S. My sister-in-law is in the hospital, and we're not sure what's wrong. My brother is probably beside himself (another odd expression). They live in another state; that's why it's hard to know exactly what is going on. We have to wait for sporadic news.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Personally I hate change. Blech.

Hoping everything turns out ok with your sis-in-law....

Unknown said...

Change is so very hard. I have had a couple years of it at work. In the end... it has been good...but in the beginning not so good. Hang in there... 75 days til Summer!

Gari in AL said...

I always hate change but it is especially difficult when you are not let in on what is really happening. One of the good things about retirement is that there is no administration making decisions for or to you. Prayers for your brother and sister-in-law.

Torina said...

This economy is really hitting everything hard. I work in education and I am watching classes and programs get cut left and right. I had to cut back the programs that I manage by 10%. People are being let go...it's scary and sad because it affects the students so much.

I hope your sister-in-law is okay.

BrendaLou said...

sending prayers for your Sister-in-law and brother-in-law too! When you use that ficticious name for your hubby, do you say "Charles" in a slightly upper-class British accent? That's what I heard inside my head when I read it. You have a sweet and cute hubby. You can tell him I said so if you want.
Hope tomorrow is a better day.