Saturday, April 20, 2019

Book Review: I Will Always Write Back

I Will Always Write Back, How One Letter Changed Two Lives by Caitlin Alifirenka and Martin Ganda.

A true story about a 7th grade girl in Pennsylvania who was given an assignment: pick a country from which you would like a pen pal. Caitlin picked Zimbabwe because "Zimbabwe" looked like a cool word. As a 12 year-old, she really had no world awareness. As the pen pal relationship with Martin progressed, she began to learn a lot about Zimbabwe and a lot about the world, and a lot about herself. Their friendship lasts a lifetime, and their correspondence changes them both in amazing ways.

I loved this book and the story of how interactions and kindness can change lives in untold ways. I'm so glad I read this book, and it only took one day.


No comments: