Thursday, August 02, 2018

Book Review: A Sister in My House

A Sister in My House by Linda Olsson
Two sisters, after their mother's funeral, and after a long silence between them, finally get together again in the house of the older sister. They spend several days talking and thinking and learning about each other and themselves.

I found this book to be evocative in that it made me think a lot about my own two sisters and our mother, our experiences going through our mother's death and funeral, and memories of our growing up years. I also pondered the relationship I have with my adult daughter. It strikes me that we cannot ever really know another person. We may think we know their thoughts, but do we really? And how well do we even know ourselves?

A thoughtful book, a little sad, but also touching in several ways. 4 out of 5 stars.


No comments: