Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Celebration: Note-Cards!

What am I celebrating? Can you guess? It is this post -- number 1700! I love reaching these big number milestones. It is amazing that I have continued to post here and have reached such a high number! And the best part is that I still have readers! I love you guys.

This time I am celebrating simply by showing you some note cards I have started making. I'm having fun with them and hope to make some that are even cooler.


I sew them on.. here's the front and then the inside.
I love to save selvages and use them in surprising ways, so I realized I could use those on my notecards, too.

Then I remembered that a woman in my local guild keeps asking me to make her a bookshelf quilt like the one I made last year. This one:
I always tell her to start saving selvages and make her own.

Well, I realized I could finally make her happy and give her a bookshelf quilt. So I made this:
(The scissors blade is holding the card shut for picture-taking purposes.)
I think she'll like it.

Happy Post #1700 to me, and Happy Reading to my wonderful readers! Thanks for being so faithful. I'm off to make more home-sewn notecards.

5 comments:

Aunt Joycie said...

Your creativity knows no bounds! Thanks for always giving me good ideas and lovely pics to look at. Bless you!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Go, Carol, GO!!!

Congrats on 100 ... Here's to many, many more!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Make that 1700!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your card remind me of how I taught my daughter to sew. I drew basic shapes on stiff paper and her task was to use the machine, without thread and control the needle enough so that all the holes punched through followed the lines. I love that you found a way to make your bookshelf quilt into a card! Very clever!

Carol E. said...

Thanks, all. GNG, I remember interpreting in "home ec" classes where they taught sewing the same way. You were a born teacher.