Sunday, May 12, 2013

Tired at End of Weekend

I'm too tired to be creative tonight. Time for my beauty sleep.

I did get two quilts bound, and I quilted another which is now waiting its turn for binding.


Red quilt is finally bound; I love this quilt and decided to keep it. Joy!


The prison quilt is quilted and bound; waiting for word from the coordinator to see where it goes next.

Today I had a fun lunch with daughter and faux SIL, and when I came home son called, and we had a nice chat on the phone. Made for a happy Mother's Day for this mom.

I'm reading a book written by my aunt - her diary of our early years up at the lake, where several family members and friends bought lots and built cabins. It's quite fun to read this old history that I remember so well, but from my 12 year-old experience. I'm now seeing it through an adult's eyes. Interesting!

Sweet dreams, everyone!

2 comments:

joe tulips said...

I would want to keep that red one too! The family history sounds like a good read. I have a book that is letters from Germany to the relatives who took off for Minnesota. A slice of life in Germany during the late 1800's and early 1900's

KatieQ said...

The red quilt looks great. I love to make string and chunk blocks, but am never sure what to do with them. This is definitely an ideas for me to try.