Friday, October 31, 2014

Friday Books: Wake

This week's book is Wake by Anna Hope. I had never heard of this book; it was suggested as a book for my book group, and at first I thought I'd skip it. I'm so glad I decided to read it. It's an excellent book about several people in the course of one week in 1920, still reeling from the effects of World War I. It takes place in England. All the characters are affected by the war in various ways. There is a lot of grief as people deal with loss or with what we now call PTSD. It's an amazing look at people's fortitude, weaknesses, loves and losses -- the general state of humanity dealing with grief and healing. This is a five-star book that I highly recommend.


book-o-lantern made by employees of Dakota County Library in Minnesota - Happy Hallloween!

No comments: