Thursday, April 01, 2010

Spring Break: Day Five



Morning: did some sewing.
Late morning: went to an appointment; the other person didn't show up (which I half expected).
Afternoon: shopped - found some clothes that fit and were on sale by an extra amount for one day only. Yippee!
Evening: more sewing. Chatted with Daughter. Started day-dreaming about doing some travel in the relatively near future.



End of evening: I don't like how the yellow is too over-powering in this quilt, but it's too late now!

This post is my 800th! Amazing!

4 comments:

Pattilou said...

If those blocks at the top of this post are what you do in your spare time, you are going to absolutely love retirement!

I'm a bright yellow fan and I love the crumb quilt! I'm sure when it's quilted and washed it will not look as overpowering to you.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Sweet P said...

Congrats on 800 posts! You're having a wonderful spring break. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

AnnieO said...

Wow, 800 posts, wonderful. Love the blocks, so pretty. I agree with the above comment that once you get the crumb quilt quilted, things will change :) I happen to like the school bus yellow.

Mama Drama Times Two said...

I forget how I came upon your blog - but I began following because I do so love seeing your many quilting projects/craft & photo projects and admire how you carve time out for yourself. I was much better about sewing and crafts before we began providing foster care to young children (and now it is even worse with babies!!) Last weekend I did make 5 cool ugly dolls out of a wool argyle sweater I accidentally shrunk in the wash. I was inspired by your toy creations and link to the Toy Society and hope to do my first drop this month. Thanks for being an inspiration!