Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Shawl, and I'm Pooped



My daughter knitted this beautiful shawl. Isn't it amazing?? This is a lousy picture of it, but it's all I have for now.

I mentioned she is having a hard time; I am happy to report that she is doing much better. The Mom-Roller-Coaster is coasting comfortably for now.

I've been so busy, and haven't slept well the last couple of nights (due to allergies, maybe?), and I'm pooped. Today I was busy from 6:00 a.m. until I finally came home at 9:30 p.m. So... I'm climbing into bed and hope I toss and turn for 1/10 of a second before falling into a deep sleep.

6 comments:

quiltmom anna said...

Hope tomorrow is a little easier for you. That is one long day. We moved our kindergarten classes into the gym today so I am pretty tired too. You can read more about it at
http://quiltmomsjourney.blogspot.com/

I love your daughter's shawl-such lovely intricate work. Nice to hear she is doing a bit better- being a mom is not easy sometimes. I always thought it would get easier as my son got older and( in some ways it did) but in lots of other ways, the problems are just more complex.

Wishing a fun restful day.
Regards,
Anna

acereta said...

Beautifll shaul!!! Let God help your dauther in everything!

Anonymous said...

Wow! She came back to knitting with GUSTO! What a beautiful piece! Did she give it to you???? Do you get to borrow it? Hope you have a better day ahead!

AlaskatoIreland said...

That scarf is so beautiful, as is your daughter!

Julie Sharer said...

Note to Ellen...WOW!! Your knitting is incredible, woman!! I LOVE the picture of the shawl, but wish I could see more of your beautiful self. I miss you and hope all is going okay in your world. Hugs to my best pal's best daughter!!! ;-) Love, J.

Darcie said...

This is a beautiful picture! I appreciate the mystery it holds.

No one ever said that parenting was a piece of cake...and no one ever said that being a child was either. Blessings to you both as you work through and become an even stronger duo...together.