Friday, December 28, 2007

Secret Santa Surprises

I participated in Chooky Blue's Secret Santa Swap, and it was a lot of fun. I got this beautiful bag from Anita in Australia. She also sent some chocolates and a couple of fat quarters.



I sent this wall hanging to Yvonne in Norway. I was so late in getting it done that I didn't add any extras like I meant to... maybe some buttons on Frosty and maybe a smile on his face. I hope Yvonne feels free to add those things herself if she wants to.



This is the picture Yvonne posted of the stuff I sent her. I sent her on a trip to Paris -- well an imaginary trip that she can write about in her book anyway. Who doesn't dream of going to Paris some day?!?



Chooky had all of us trading with a country other than our own home country, which I think was loads of fun. I like to think of all those quilty objects criss-crossing the planet as they moved through the mail to get to the happy recipients. I sent a small white-chocolate-covered pretzel to Yvonne. To my surprise, she said she had never eaten pretzels before! They are a very common snack here in the U.S., so I assumed almost everyone would have tried them. Live and learn!

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

great prezzies and people have had so much fun and made new friends..........thanks for joining in.........

Darcie said...

Looks like it was a very successful exchange!

Hope you're digging out of all of that snow! Let's pray for safety in 2008!

Hugs....

Judith said...

Both items send and received are beautifull.