Monday, July 02, 2007

Orphans Find a Home!

I took Finn up on her challenge to use up orphan blocks. She is posting pictures of the gorgeous results at Riding the Orphan Train (see the link in my list of blogs to the right). A while ago I volunteered to accept orphan blocks from members of a charity quilt group. I got several in the mail, and Finn's challenge has given me the kick-start I needed. I'm pulling them all together to make some tops. Here is a photo of the beginnings... a sneek peak at what I'm working with. (One of the blocks fell on the floor; it's shy.) Last night I slapped them up on my design wall, and today I'm putting them together. It's fun, and I hope this turns out half as pretty as the others that Finn has already posted.



1 comment:

Tracey in CT said...

Looking good! I'm trying to resist starting new projects, but I think I'm going to end up being sucked into the borg as well...
Resistance......is..........futile........