Sunday, October 28, 2018

Book Review: Daughters for a Time

Daughters for a Time by Jennifer Handford

This book is hard for me to review. It kept my attention; I read it in a day and a half. I mostly liked it. There was something I didn't quite like and I'm not sure what it was. I think maybe I didn't like the main character (Helen) very much. Again, I'm not sure why. She just never drew out my sympathies. Otherwise, it was a good story. Two sisters were left parentless when the father left and shortly afterwards the mother died. They both (especially Helen) struggled with issues of abandonment and trust. There were a lot of other issues, too. Some might consider this book overly sad. But I know this accumulation of sad events can happen within one family or group, so in my opinion it didn't seem exaggerated. Some food for thought, some interesting turns. Overall, it was good but wasn't a favorite. (Many people have given this book 5 stars; maybe you will be one of them. I just can't do more than 3 out of 5.)


No comments: