Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Super. Natural. British Columbia

That title is a slogan I saw on a T-shirt in the Vancouver area. Loved it, and now I wish I had purchased the T-shirt.

I'm finally ready to share some photos from our wonderful trip to Vancouver. First one below is looking up toward the neighborhood we stayed in. The second is a class going on -- Salsa by the Sea.

Below: dipping my toes in the Pacific Ocean, and a cute mailbox, plus a hike to Lighthouse Landing.

Totem poles in Stanley Park, then a visit to the University of British Columbia, Museum of Anthropology

The Haida creation story: After the big flood receded, Raven was looking around and found a clamshell full of living creatures. He cajoled them to come out, and they were the first people -- the Haida. This huge carving is by Bill Reid.

Hiking in Lynn Park:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos. Looks like you had a wonderful of time! Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

I took a couple of the same photos (Museum of Anthropology), but you got a lot more. Great city.