Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Books: Bored



I am currently reading Dangerous Ambition: Rebecca West and Dorothy Thompson: New Women in Search of Love and Power by Susan Hertog. In fact, I've been reading it for a while and still not done, and I have interrupted it with a couple other reading choices (as in last week's post, The Twin).

I wanted to like this book, because it got a great review from Laurie Hertzel (Book Editor)in the St Paul Pioneer Press. I'm a fan of hers, you might say. So I was hoping to agree with her that it is a great book. I just am finding it boring, and I can hardly wait to be done with it.

Who knows.. maybe it's just way above my brain power and appreciation level. I'm off to visit my mom for a couple days, and I usually get some reading time in after she goes to bed. Hopefully I'll make progress on this book and can move on to another one. Tune in next week to see what happens!

No comments: