Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Close of a Weekend

It was great to have a 4-day weekend. Now it has come to an end, and I wish I could have another four days. Is that greedy? I didn't get everything done that I wanted to do. However, I had some good times, and I'm thankful for that.

After Thanksgiving I enjoyed a nice car trip and conversation with my sister who I don't see very often. It was so great that she got to come to Thanksgiving this year. We found out that our niece got engaged Thanksgiving evening! We're very excited, and we really like her future husband. He's great!

I got only a token amount of sewing done this weekend. I finally got the binding on this quilt. Darcie quilted it for me quite a while ago. Now it's ready to go. Hooray!







Today I worked on a doll quilt. It's for a specific doll, but it looks ridiculous with her, because I made it way too big! So I'll have to do another one.

Back to work and the same old rat race tomorrow.

6 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

fun quilt, you and Darcie both did a great job. I love the backing fabric - sooo cute.

Clare said...

I think I remember this quilt from some time ago. Lovely quilting.

Unknown said...

I love the quilt with the sign language ...so cool!

Andrea, the little collector said...

Sisters are great! Glad you got to visit with yours! I like the blue map fabric in your quilt. Very cool!

Jan Mac said...

I love the crumb blocks set with plain alternate blocks. It allows the eye to pick out special features of the fabric.
Hugs

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Well, this quilt is a real inspiration for me