Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm Sorry, Woody!



Today at work I had to drive somewhere halfway through the day. I thought while I was out I might as well buy myself some lunch. I went out to the parking lot, got into my car, took some time to adjust my stuff, a CD, etc... there would have been time for Woody to escape!

He must have been sitting near my tire, resting in the shade. I love to do that, too (but, luckily, I choose not to do it under a car). Well, you can guess where this is going. When I backed out of my parking spot, I ran over Woody!

I felt just terrible. I lost my appetite and felt so sad!!! I never did buy anything for lunch. When I came back to the parking lot, I had to park in a whole different area, because I couldn't stand the thought of looking at a Dead Woody. Poor little guy!

3 comments:

Tracey in CT said...

Oh, so sorry! It is a terrible feeling, isn't it? I hit a cat once, and I was so upset that I had to call DH to come pick me up and drive me home.

RIP Woody.....

Elaine Adair said...

Oh guilt, guilt, guilt! Poor both of you.

Nancy said...

I understand how you feel, but you may have saved yourself some future headaches. We had some problems with those creatures. At our home in the country woodchucks were chewing through electrical wires on our vehicles when they were outside the garage. Chewed the wires to my license plate light, my daughter's taillights, her gas gauge sensor and finally some ignition wires. My husband opened his hood one day to find a woodchuck on top of the engine, and it hissed at him. Needless to say, that one soon departed this world too. So while I understand your feelings of guilt, I don't like to run over any animals either, you may have prevented future problems.