Five things for which I am thankful:
1) I am so lucky to work for a school and to get the summers off. This is the first summer in many years that I have not worked at least a little. It is wonderful!
2) Even though I'm not working, I am super busy. My whole summer is practically filled up with things I must do. However, I am not complaining, because they are all fun things: a wedding, opportunities to do some volunteering, another wedding, a short vacation, an interesting conference to attend, some visits to family and to some beautiful Minnesota lakes, and lunches every Wednesday with some wonderful women. Who can complain about such obligations?! Not I! (If I do complain, please remind me of how lucky I am.)
3) Today I went to the farmer's market. I bought these beautiful vegetables (picture above). I need to follow this easy yet fabulous advice: eat food, not too much, mostly plants. It's that middle one that throws me off, and OK, the last one, too. My potato chips and Diet Coke don't qualify as "plants," I'm afraid. In this area I am still a work in progress.
4) I had such fun today watering our lawn and plants and pulling weeds. I have never liked those chores in the past! I'm trying to take more notice of the miracles all around me, and today those chores qualified. We are loving our newly landscaped yard and the beautiful bushes and trees that surprise us with flowers!
5) Four weeks from tomorrow I will officially become a mother-in-law. Something new to learn! Hooray! And the fact that I become a MIL means my son is marrying the love of his life! Oh, happy day!!! It's so exciting!
This little tree blossomed while I was away at Crow Creek. I only saw the flowers as they were starting, and then when they were past their prime... something to look forward to next year!
Our hanging flower basket is flourishing. I bought these from a marching band whose school colors are red and yellow, and with whom both of my children have marched. When I look at this basket, I think of my children.