Monday, June 08, 2009

Bad Day/Good Day


I had a crappy day at work. But even while I was feeling horrible, a work friend helped me laugh and feel better. (She had no idea she was doing this for me.) I felt quietly thankful for the healing laughter.


Friends and hubby have been my rocks today.


**********************


Today I'm thankful for:

1) even though I had to move my desk today and lose my glorious windows, I love the little cozy spot I moved to, and I think it's a better desk. So I'm thankful for happy surprises.

2) friends who help knowingly and unknowingly

3) moving away from the glorious windows on a cloudy day, so it didn't seem like such a big loss

4) some great, friendly letters in the mail at home. Fabulous!

5) every day is a new beginning

4 comments:

Melissa Kaye said...

Wow. I love #5 on your list. SO TRUE!

Unknown said...

I think sometimes we forget that a change is so good. You know you probably got to tidy the desk, clean it up and now it's a new beginning. there is always a reason.

BrendaLou said...

Today I was thankful for YOU! You helped me fix my blog AND you gave me a good chuckle when you sent the email with an assumed name and then fessed up!

Twisted Quilts said...

I miss my desk at school almost as much as my friends who were my "family" as yours seem to be. Fortunately I was able to pass my beloved desk on to a dear friend. That was a wonderful desk.