Saturday, March 30, 2019

My Fabric/Blocks Are in Egypt

At Sunshine we make quilts for kids; we send the quilts to two different programs: Wrap a Smile and Quilts Beyond Borders. Wrap a Smile gives quilts to kids following cleft lip/cleft palate surgery. One of the surgical programs (Rotaplast) is currently in Egypt doing surgeries, and posting pictures from time to time. This picture shows a child after surgery wrapped in a quilt. I could see some familiar pieces of fabric. Tammy identified the quilt.

My friend, Tammy, collects our blocks and makes them into finished quilts. So... this quilt is one for which I made five of the blocks -- the big four-patches, and Tammy finished up and sent to Wrap a Smile. And now there it is, cuddling a child.

This feels really good.. I get to see some of my work doing what it's meant to do. I am hoping for more familiar fabrics and quilts before this mission in Egypt is finished. Stay tuned.


3 comments:

Louise said...

Hooray!! It makes me so happy to think of your blocks and Tammy's work helping a child feel warm and safe :)

Carol E. said...

Me, too! Happy dance.

emiliehamilton said...

wonderful.