Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Busy and Fun Break

I haven’t written for a while, and I’m behind on reading everyone’s blogs again! I have been on break from my job, but busy with family and things to do. I have been sewing a lot, getting some things done, but not the things I should be working on. Here is an example. It is a wall hanging I made quite a while ago; just this week I finally quilted and bound it. I do not plan to hang this in the February quilt show for which I should be preparing. This one is just not that well produced. Even though it is paper pieced, I had several mis-matched points. It’s good enough to hang in my house, but not in a quilt show. Not that I usually have a strict criterion for myself. If it gets done, I usually put it in the show!



We finally got a little snow. Just a little. It looks pretty to have our landscape white instead of gray and brown that I was getting sick of seeing. But it’s still unseasonably warm, and the snow probably won’t last long. What strange weather we are having! Where did Minnesota go??

My break is flying past all too quickly. I go back to work next Monday, January 8. Not that I’m complaining. I know I’m very lucky to get a break over the holidays! It is so refreshing; I really think more businesses should give their employees breaks like school employees get. It really helps refresh one’s soul. (I just wish I had gotten more quilting done during the break. With the number of days left, I know I won’t get done all that I had hoped. So it goes.)

I had such fun with my kids during the break. My son came home from college and actually hung around and talked with us! It was great. He and I made an apple pie together just before he went back to the dorm. He took half the pie with him, still a little warm. I meant to take a picture of my son with the pie, but I forgot. This Thursday I get to spend a little time with my daughter when she has a day off. Maybe I can visit her cat, too. He used to live here, and I miss him.

That’s all for now! Hope you are enjoying 2007 so far.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like the long school break. I used to love that when I was teaching. Now life is one long break! I love your wall hanging. Great colors.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been enjoying your break. And I love the quilt, very pretty!

God bless :)

Anonymous said...

What mis-matched points? I don't see any. I like your criteria: if it's finished in it goes. Stick to that - its lovely

Anonymous said...

I can't find any mismatched points!! It looks great to me. I'm glad you had such a good time with your family. I agree about more employers giving a break like school systems do. I'm afraid most companies are going the other way. Mine is taking away 6 days of vacation from long term employees. :o( (can you tell I'm one of them)