Tuesday, November 27, 2012

This is Why I Love Blogland

Over at Quilts are for Giving blog I posted a photo of some doll blankets. Friends and I had made them for a local social service agency. They had asked for doll blankets to give kids for Christmas. Many baby dolls are donated, but usually no blankets. We got busy sewing and knitting some doll blankets. I posted a picture at the other blog, and lo and behold, I got the nicest response!

Debbie from Stitchin Therapy blog offered me some doll quilts. I gladly accepted, and she sent me a box of 33 gorgeous doll quilts, saying "such blessings flow from our abundance." These were extras from her collection for "Get Your Mrs. Claus On" project. She wanted to share the love. Isn't that wonderful??

The families these are going to are people who have trouble making ends meet for various reasons: unemployment, layoffs, work hours cut, major illness, death in family, loss of housing, you name the reason... more and more people are relying on food shelves and social service agencies to help them support their families and get through the holidays.

I am so happy we have been able to help several little kids get some quality blankies for their dolls. I'm sure they will be sooo happy. The quilts are just beautiful. Some are tied, some are free motion quilted, some are straight line quilted, some are even hand quilted. I am very excited to hand deliver these to the agency in the next couple of days.

Here are pictures of the beauties, along with a small doll I bought for a little girl who is nearly one year old (including here for scale). See the Love:













Debbie, thanks so much for sharing the blessings! I love that this was all made possible through Blogs!

2 comments:

Gail in Vegas said...

Wonderful little quilts! Very generous of the person who donated them.
I like the new look of your blog!

Carol E. said...

Thanks, Gail. I keep hunting around for the perfect look. Haven't found it yet, but I'm happy with it for now.