Friday, November 02, 2012

Friday Books: Catching Fire


This week's book is Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. It's the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy. I liked it better than the first book. I give this one 3.5 stars.

I'm not going to recap details about this book, in case any of you have not yet read the Hunger Games and still plan to do so. Talking about the details of Catching Fire would be too much of a spoiler for both Book #1 and Book #2.

This one kept my attention better than #1. I wondered what would happen next and was interested in the story line. There were not any glaring "oh, that was too fake or too easy" moments as there were (for me) in Book #1, bringing that one down to 3 stars. This one seemed more concise and "fun" -- in quotes because of the nature of the Hunger Games. Not a bad book, bringing it up to 3.5 stars.

I'm liking the character Peeta a lot more as I see more of him in Book #2. I am now curious about the story line in Book #3 and plan to read it relatively soon.



No comments: