Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday Books: TKAM

Well, I finally finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Of course, it gets all the stars possible. What a great book in so many ways -- characters, story, plot, setting, emotions, life's unfairness and the beauty of it all! It makes me sad that our racial inequities go on and on and on.

I'm looking forward to reading Harper Lee's next book which comes out in July. I understand she wrote it first, 50-some years ago. It is about Scout as a grown woman. The publisher suggested that a story about Scout as a young girl would be interesting, and that's where TKAM came from! Then Lee hung on to the first one and never published it 'til now.

Did you know that my mom was a friend of Harper's sister, Alice? Alice was an attorney who lived and continued to practice into her 90s.

Thanks for checking in! Keep on reading!

No comments: