Sunday, September 04, 2011

My Son, the Rock Star

Saturday night we did our usual clubbing in downtown Minneapolis. HAHAHAHAHA! I crack myself up. We did go to a music event at a bar in downtown Minneapolis Saturday night. This was way out of the ordinary for us. It was kind of eye-opening, too. I'm used to quiet, little St. Paul which goes to sleep at night. Minneapolis does NOT go to sleep on a Saturday night. Wow... talk about loads of young people.

Anyway, our son has been filling in with a band called Matt Dodge and the Lobsters. Matt and one other guy are the main players, and others kind of ooze in and out as temporaries. That's what Son got to do, and got to perform with them on stage at the Fine Line in downtown Minneapolis on a Saturday night.



He had a blast! I could tell he was really digging it. But he's not trying to make that into a career, as far as I know. He is planning to move to another state, so being a permanent part of this band would be pretty near to impossible.





guy in white shirt is Son's friend, Matt





We had a good time, the music was loud, the energy was fun, and I'm glad I don't have to do that kind of lifestyle every night. Not my thing! (My usual downtown Minneapolis night activity would be to attend the Minnesota Orchestra, which is quite a different crowd.)

It was fun to talk to Son this morning and hear excitement in his voice. He had a blast being on stage.

2 comments:

The Quilting Elf said...

I'm way behind in reading blogs, but please thank your son for the Easy Vegan meal. I'm always on the lookout for recipes that "real" people like since my niece, nephew and best friend are all vegetarians. Your son is multi-talented!

Anonymous said...

You wild Saturday night girl! The Fine Line? Wow! Congrats to your son. I hope he had a blast. You're a good mom to go see him.