Friday, September 02, 2011

Friday Books

reading in downtown Saint Paul

I am still reading Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese. I'm loving it, but life takes over sometimes, and I don't get the reading time I want. Yesterday I spent all day sewing stuff for our church boutique, even though I wanted to spend some chunks of time reading. I only read a few pages when I got into bed, and stopped when my eyelids started slamming shut.

At goodreads(dot)com I have entered several giveaways, and I won two of them:
What It's Like To Go To War by Karl Marlantes
The Driver's Seat by Marc.. something

Gotta add these to my list of books to read fairly quickly. They give these away so that people will read them and review them. And I need to stop entering these giveaways! I'm already drowning in books!

Taking car in for an oil change today, so that'll at least give me some time to sit and read. Hooray!

5 comments:

Sextant said...

When I become king of the world, all waiting rooms will have a quiet areas for those who like to read. The ubiquitous TV with the volume turned to maximum will be a thing of the past. Unfortunately the polls show that it will be long shot for me to win the election.

Twisted Quilts said...

Loved Cutting for Stone.

Anonymous said...

Congrats opn winning the books. That's always fun, isn't it?

Unknown said...

But you napped instead...

Mary Johnson said...

That's a great book!