Saturday, November 24, 2018

Still Sewing; Slow at Blogging

Lately I have found it much easier to sit down and write a quick book review than it is to post pictures and chat about my quilting. So the quilting portion of this blog has definitely been AWOL for a while. Here are some projects to catch you up to what I have been doing.

October Lotto blocks for Sunshine - theme was "Sunshine"
November Lotto blocks for Sunshine - theme was "fall colors"

December Lotto blocks for Sunshine - theme is "pot luck" which means we can use any pattern and fabrics we desire. During the year I save extras that are not currently useable and I send them in for December, and I also have fun creating a few special blocks just for December. This year I made that fun purple/red block while on a retreat. That block would be cute set on point with a bunch of others of the same pattern. Maybe some day I'll do that.

a small quilt for a house project - going to people who are transitioning out of homelessness into a permanent home. I had this block already made, enlarged it to the specified size, quilted it and mailed it off. The deadline is soon, so I had to hurry.

a Round Robin quilt made with members of Sunshine. I recently got this done and quilted; it will soon be on its way to Quilts Beyond Borders (QBB).

I went on a retreat. There were only 7 of us altogether. It was a nice, small group making it easy to converse together and share laughs. Of the seven, these 4 are members of Sunshine, so we had our photo taken to post at Sunshine.

Two projects I worked on while at the retreat. The blue quilt is for me to keep, and the other (now all sewn together, but pictured here in pieces) will be for Wrap a Smile (WAS).

two tops I made randomly - a friend made the batik blocks and gave them to me, and I added the arrow. This one will probably go to QBB. The smaller one I made from scraps. This will probably go to WAS.

Sewing is still happening! Maybe I'll post more frequently again (maybe??)

4 comments:

https://quiltingatthecottae.blogspot.com/ said...

I just started back at blogging , and one of the first posts I read was yours. Another book review! I always loved them and since moving to our new little town, joined the library and will ask about your book.
Some of the "old blogs" have disappeared it seems. I think we just run out of words. Quilts are a work of love, and sometimes we are just stalled. That has been me.
Keep writing because you are good at it.

Carol E. said...

Cottage: I went to your blog. That cottage and its view are both beautiful, and so is the quilt! Sad that the cottage is leaving your possession, but I guess things happen. People move on. I am honored that you came to read my blog. Thanks. Since I retired I have been doing a lot more reading, hence the plethora of book reviews on my blog. I still have just as much time to sew, too, but it's harder to motivate myself to post about my sewing. Anyway, yes, I am a big mess when creating. Fabrics fly everywhere, and I'm not good at cleaning up, though the mess hinders my creativity.

I tried to post this at your blog, but it didn't seem to "take" so I couldn't leave anything.

Tina said...

I love your quilts! They are very scrap inspiring.

Carol E. said...

Tina, you are too nice. :-)