Sunday, September 30, 2018

Quilt Show, Fall Splendor of Quilts

I am in a new (to me) quilt guild. This guild has a show every two years; it is always called "Fall Splendor of Quilts." This was the year. It was a great show - so many talented quilters in this group! Here are some examples of the loveliness:

Milky Way by Catherine Stiele

Empire Place by Wendy Anderson

Blooming Nine Patch by Karen Tischer

Amish With a Twist II by Jill Scholtz


Colorwash by Mary Alsop -- our speaker this year was Victoria Findlay Wolfe. She chose this one as her favorite of show.

Luminary by Jane Benik

Words to Live By by Carol Egan (that's me!)

Heart Burst by Lisa Swirtz

Juicy Cactus by Tammy Kaplan

Spring Flowers by Beth Holland

Modern Harlequin by Randi Grover

Canoe Trip by Suzanne Thiesfeld

Optical Illusions by Diane Alsleben

Kira by Beth Holland

I forgot to record who made this one.

by Kathy Dibble

Leaves by Vicki Peterson

New Beginnings by Chris Peterson

Frightful/Delightful by Carol Egan (the weather.. it depicts the high temperature in my city every day in 2016)

Paradox Point by Mary Alsop - I voted for this one for Viewers' Choice, although there were so many that I could easily have voted for.. it was the outstanding quilting that persuaded me to go with this one.

I forgot to record the maker of this quilt.

Rainbow Flight by Connie Dummer

Welcome Home! by Carol Egan

This is the beautiful raffle quilt made by the guild. This is moments before the drawing of the winner's name. The name is about to be drawn out of that big bag full of blue ticket stubs. It was won by someone whose name I did not recognize and who lives in a small town north of the Twin Cities... she is not one of my friends who bought tickets. Sorry, friends. Maybe next time.

Tomorrow I will post pictures of Victoria Findlay Wolfe's quilts shown during her lecture, and maybe a couple pics from the class I will be taking from her as well.

4 comments:

Louise said...

What a fantastic show of talent! I don't think I could choose a favorite, but I see many many that I'd like to try to make myself.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love your Words to Live By and the temperature quilt is great, too. Super show!

Carol E. said...

Thanks for visiting, Louise and Julie. Glad you enjoyed the show.

joe tulips said...

I’m slow to the party! I loved seeing your quilts! They are wonderful! I studied the round quilt of houses. I was drawn to it but decided circles are too much for me!