Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Lots Done at the Retreat

Last weekend my cousin and I went on another retreat. Guess what... I've been to so many retreats , but I still enjoy them. It's an unbeatable way to get a lot done and have FUN at the same time. This one was a guild retreat, and Cousin got to come along to fill an empty slot. Fun!

I took along five sandwiched quilts that needed to be quilted and bound. I finished these four. They are all for giveaways, and I wanted to get them DONE. It felt very good to do so. The fifth one is a quilt I will keep. I set it aside to work on other stuff, knowing I will get it done here at home (soon, I hope).

Cousin didn't have a nametag, so I made her one.
I also made a block for a woman who has cancer and for whom we are making a quilt.

Cousin needed an extra quilt at night, so I let her use this one. I had brought it along to put a hanging sleeve on it. It's a quilt I gave to my sister for Christmas. Then I retrieved it to hang in our show which starts next week. I needed to do some last-minute hanging sleeves on several quilts. Cousin was warm and cozy with this extra quilt at night.
The second picture above is Cousin working on a quilt made of Kaffe Fassett fabrics.

The next pictures are quilts that were being worked on by various others at the retreat. Beautiful, n'est-ce pas??
The last one is my words quilt! I am so excited to be making progress on this and actually starting to put it together! It has been in the works for four years. I hope to finish it soon.

a beautiful sunset over the lake, and a Crazy Cousin trying to find inspiration by osmosis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I love the lay out of your word quilt! You're doing it!!!! It looks great!

Nann said...

Love your word quilt!
By chance it that Grindstone Lake? (Retreat at the Audubon Center of the North Woods?)