Friday, March 11, 2016

Friday Books: One Abandoned, One in Progress

I missed posting last week. I was out of town for my mother's 95th birthday, plus I didn't have a book to report on. I had started one that I thought I'd enjoy, but I found it a tad boring, so I gave up.

I am now reading Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. I am enjoying it so far, though I am barely into it. I am hoping to find some good reading time this weekend. Want to join me in reading Nightingale, and then we can discuss it together? How about it?

a child reads to a cat in an animal shelter - and melts my heart

3 comments:

dianneo said...

Which one did you abandon? I have a book by Kristin Hannah on my "to read" list. This week I finished Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Then I found out there is a movie out for it, so I'm going to watch that in the next few days.

Kim said...

That's a very dear photo of boy and cat, both so interested in the story and the fast closeness they share. ❤️ Reading!

Carol E. said...

I just don't feel like I want to name the book I abandoned, because I don't want to give it a black eye. It's probably a perfectly fine book that just didn't fit my current mood.