Thursday, April 18, 2013

Didn't Want to Iron Twice







I have a bunch of quilt tops in a to-be-finished pile. Today I decided to work on preparation of backing pieces for the tops. I got two smallish quilts folded up with their backings. Then I did the third, medium-large quilt .. I had to piece the backing and got it done and all nicely ironed.

The top was ironed, too. "Self," I thought, "do you really want to iron these bigger parts again when you decide to do the quilting?" "NO!" I answered. "Let's get it done right now!"

So, Self and I launched right into sandwiching and quilting the top. I figured that would be more fun than setting it aside, having it on my conscience to finish later, and ironing it again at that later time.

Took me most of the day to quilt this and then bind it. Now that it's quilted, I like it better than I did at first. I'm still kind of turned off by the orange (this was made from a jelly roll which I could not see clearly and didn't know was so much orange), but I think it'll be fine. I'm going to send it to Happy Chemo, as part of the Hands 2 Help challenge. I'm picturing an adult using this for warmth while getting chemo treatments. Or.. anyone who likes orange.

Now I'm happy I finished it and didn't just add it to my to-be-done pile.

In other news -- it really isn't news, because it's the same old thing. Another winter storm! I cancelled my plans to visit my mother because of a winter storm warning on April 18. Good grief. The birds are wondering what's happening to their world, hunkering down and trying to stay warm.


robins


mourning dove

2 comments:

KatieQ said...

I'm not usually a fan of orange, but it looks great in this quilt. It has such a happy vibe. It looks like the birds could use a cozy quilt of their own,

Paulette said...

This is really pretty! I'm sure the recipient will really appreciate this lovely quilt.